HFEL-For the betterment of humankind!
Human Factors and Ergonomics Lab (HFEL) at KAIST aims to develop novel human factors and ergonomics methodologies, techniques and models (especially digital human modeling, biomechanics and ICT based) to understand human capabilities, limitations, and interactions among humans and other elements of a system. By applying theory, principles, data and methods from science and engineering, our lab designs human-centered products, tasks, environments and systems for improving safety, health, comfort and human performance.
We are particularly interested in the following 5 research areas.
- Fall risk assessment, interactive intervention and fall detection (Especially ICT solutions for the ageing population)
- Digital human modeling and ergonomic design of custom-fit products (Especially footwear)
- Comprehension and design of safety signs/symbols
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI), User Experience (UX) and Usability
- Human behavior, performance analysis and modeling