Human Factors and Ergonomics Lab
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISysE)
College of Engineering
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, ROK
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering (Human Factors Track), Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong
B.S. & M.S. (Integrated program) in Safety Engineering, China University of Geosciences (CUG), P.R. China
- KAIST KICEP Director (2019.08-present), KAIST International Office
- Associate Professor (2013-present), Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, KAIST (2016-present); Department of Human and Systems Engineering, UNIST (2013-2016), South Korea.
- Assistant Professor (2008-2010) & Associate Professor (2010-2011, Early Promotion), Department of Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Shanghai, China.
- Visiting Scholar (2009 Summer),Department of Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong
Awards and Honors
- 2019.12 2019 ISysE Best Teacher, KAIST.
- 2018.07 Invited Keynote Speech at the 18th Academic Conference of Chinese Ergonomics Society (CES), Shenyang, China.
- 2018.06 Invited Keynote Speech at the Korean Gerontological Nursing Society (KGNS) Conference and 20th Anniversary, Seoul, Korea.
- 2018.05 Invited Conference Speech at the 4th APBMRM and Os Fx Conference, Hong Kong.
- 2017.01 Outstanding Reviewer, Elsevier: International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics.
- 2016.04 VSI on the Applied Ergonomics Best Paper Award 2015, Elsevier, in association with The Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors
- 2014.03 Outstanding Teaching and E-education Award, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
- 2013.11 Invited Keynote Speech at 14th China Ergonomics and Management Conference, Shanghai, China
- 2011.11 Best Chinese Ergonomics Society (CES) Conference Paper, Beijing, China (with my PhD student Hai Qiu)
- 2011.12 Most Cited Article in IJIE from 2006-2011, IJIE: International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics (with Witana CP, Goonetilleke RS and Zhao JH)
- 2010.12 Excellent Teaching & Research Performance Award, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)
- 2010.07 Shanghai Pujiang Scholar, Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (STCSM)
- 2010.07 National First-Class Education Team Member (Rank 14th) for Industrial Engineering, Ministry of Education in China (MOE)
- 2009.08 IEA KU Smith Student Award Finalist, International Ergonomics Association
- 2009.04 Top 25 Hottest Articles in Applied Ergonomics from January to March 2009 (with Witana CP, Goonetilleke RS and Au EYL)
- Associate Editor: Journal of Physiological Anthropology (SCIE, BMC), 2014-present
- Editorial Board: Scientific Reports (SCI, Nature Publishing Group), 2019-present
- Editorial Board: International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics (SCI, Elsevier), 2019-present
- Editorial Board: Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science (Taylor & Francis), 2019-2022
- Conference Co-Chair: The 11th International Conference on Physical Ergonomics and Human Factors (July 16-20, 2020; San Diego, USA)
- EC Officer (International Member-At-Large): International Society for Occupational Ergonomics and Safety (ISOES), 2018. 07-present
- Board Member: Ergonomics Society of Korea (ESK, ROK), 2012.03-present
- Board Member: International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (Physical Ergonomics & Human Factors), 2017-present
- Board Member: HCI International (Digital Human Modeling and Applications in Health, Safety, Ergonomics and Risk Management), 2017-present
- Member of NSFC proposal peer review panel for Industrial Engineering research, National Natural Science Foundation of China(NSFC), 2010.05-present
- Member of Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES, USA), 2007.01-present; Chinese Ergonomics Society (CES, China), 2009.06-present
- Session Chairs: 2017 HCI International-DHM Conference (Vancouver, Canada); 2017 AHFE (LA, USA); 2015 AHFE (Las Vegas, USA); 2014 I-FAB (Busan, ROK); 2014 ACED (Jeju, ROK); 2013 ESK (Ulsan, ROK); 2009 MINES (Wuhan, China) etc
- Faculty Advisor for SJTU-MIT joint Master program of “China Leaders for Manufacturing”-CLFM, 2008.09-2010.12 (*CLFM was renamed as CLGO since July 1, 2010)